This is a minimal website for Stat 8501, just a place to put the handouts on the web.
The textbook was Hoel, Port, and Stone. We covered chapters 1 and 2 (Markov chains), 4 and part of 5 (Gaussian processes).
The book was supplemented by the following handouts.
- Convergence in Probability and Almost Surely (April 23, 2014)
- Baby Measure Theory (April 23, 2014)
- Markov Chains (April 23, 2014)
- Spatial Gaussian Processes (April 23, 2014)
- Spatial Point Processes (May 5, 2014)
- Spatial Lattice Processes (May 5, 2014)
The latter two were edited November, 17, 2016 fixing some typos and infelicities in wording.
The pictures of Ising model realizations in the handout on spatial lattice processes are also found in the file
external field) and β equal to the following (in order they appear in the PDF file)
- 0.90 ⋅ βcrit
- 0.95 ⋅ βcrit
- 1.05 ⋅ βcrit
- 1.10 ⋅ βcrit
The ones at the same temperature (βcrit) are different random realizations.