This web page is for error corrections and other changes to the slides and homeworks.
- (posted Nov 28). Homework problem 10-5 had k at various places in the displayed equation where it should have had i. Now fixed.
- (posted Nov 23). Slide 8, deck 5 had an extra partial derivative symbol that wasn't supposed to be there in the second line of the first displayed equation. Now fixed.
- (posted Nov 12). Slide 86, deck 4 changed to make clear that the posterior mean, median, and mode shown are for the unknown parameter μ.
- (posted Nov 10). The solution to homework problem 8-1(a) asserted a falsehood, that the log likelihood was strictly convex (which would imply the MLE given in the problem solution is the unique global maximizer). Since the problem does not ask about local or global maximizer, we just deleted that false assertion from the problem solution. (In fact, the MLE is the unique global maximizer by the argument on slide 109 of deck 3 of the course slides, but we did not know that argument when doing homework 6.) A long explanatory comment has been added.
- (posted Nov 1). New kind of confidence interval added to the computer examples web page on coverage of confidence intervals. This kind of interval has not yet been covered. We may mention it in deck 6 or may not. It is added merely for completeness so this web page is a useful authority on the intertubes.
- (posted Sep 13). All of the links on the review session web page pointing to 5101 decks 6 and 7 were broken. Now fixed.