University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
School of Statistics
Textbook (Wild and Seber)
Statistics 3011, Fall 2001, Prof. Geyer
This is the web page for the Fall 2001 class. The web page for last
year has been moved here.
Homework Solution number 11 posted.
New! Classroom(s) for final exam changed. Exam
will be held in Ford B53 (the regular computer lab) and Ford B110 (a classroom
one floor up from the lab).
- People who have the 8:00 lab will start in B53 and do the
computer lab part.
- People who have the 9:00 lab will start in B110 and do the
- Everyone will switch rooms at half time and do the other part.
Section on material covered (and material skipped)
now goes for the whole course. The final exam will (in principle) cover
everything in the whole course. In practice, if you perfectly understand
all the kinds of problems on the midterms, that is enough review of the
Solutions to the second midterm posted.
Distribution of second midterm grades posted.
||Wednesday, October 17 (in regular class period) and
Thursday, October 18 (in computer lab)
||Wednesday, November 14 (in regular class period) and
Thursday, November 15 (in computer lab)
||4:00pm-6:00pm, Wednesday, December 19
Review of Chapter 7 in Wild and Seber.
Also available in PostScript
which look prettier when printed.
This year's exams will be more or less like last years, but
- these are not "practice exams"
- there is no guarantee that every problem on this year's
exams will be similar to one on last year's
- use at your own risk
- these exams are a good indication of the kind of exams the instructor
- they do not indicate every detail of this year's exams
(also a link at the top of this page and most of the course web pages)
Lab Section Examples
- Examples for Thursday, Sep 13, 2001
- Examples for Thursday, Sep 20, 2001
- Examples for Thursday, Sep 27, 2001
- Examples for Thursday, Oct 4, 2001
- Examples for Thursday, Oct 11, 2001
- Examples for Thursday, Oct 25, 2001
- Examples for Thursday, Nov 1, 2001
- Examples for Thursday, Nov 8, 2001
- Examples for Thursday, Nov 29, 2001
- Examples for Thursday, Dec 6, 2001
Textbook (Wild and Seber) Pages
- All of Chapter 1.
- Sections 2.1-2.4 plus bar plots on pp. 77-79.
- Sections 3.1.1 and 3.1.2.
- Sections 4.1 through 4.5 and 4.7.1 and 4.7.3.
- All of Chapter 5 except Section 5.3.
- All of Chapter 6 except Sections 6.3.2 and 6.3.3.
- All of Chapter 7 except bottom third of p. 312.
- All of Chapter 8.
- All of Chapter 9.
- All of Chapter 10 except Section 10.4.
- Sections 11.1 and 11.2.
- Sections 2.5 and 2.6 except bar plots which were covered.
- Section 3.1.3 to the end in Chapter 3.
- Section 4.6 and 4.7.2.
- Section 5.3.
- Sections 6.3.2 and 6.3.3.
- Bottom third of p. 312.
- Section 10.4.
- Section 11.3.
- Chapter 12
The midterms are not cumulative. The final is cumulative.
- First Midterm: parts of chapters 1-6 covered
(see Material Covered).
- Second Midterm: parts of chapters 7-8 covered
(see Material Covered).
- Final Exam: everything.