The Lynn Y.S. Lin
Statistical Consulting Center
We have offices in 390
Ford Hall on the
Minneapolis campus and 48
McNeal Hall and 295L
AS/VM on the St. Paul campus.
Making an appointment
We only provide in-person consultations made by appointment; walk-in, telephone, and email consultations are not available.
To make an appointment, please email email@example.com with
- your full name, department (avoiding abbreviations), and university affiliation (faculty, student, or staff)
- the name of your advisor or supervising faculty member (if student or staff)
- the fund number to charge (unless CLA or CVM), the name of the person authorizing the charge, and the name and email of your department financial staff person
- a brief summary of your research and statistical issues (if you also need assistance implementing the analysis in software, please also indicate your software preference)
- what level of assistance you are looking for (just advice and guidance? some help with analysis during meetings? us to do analysis and give you a written report?
- preferred location (McNeal Hall or AS/VM in St. Paul, or Ford Hall in Minneapolis)
- the phrase “statistical consulting appointment” somewhere in the title or body of the email, to prevent your message from being filtered as spam
Before you come, please read about our expectations and eligibility requirements.
We usually make appointments about a week ahead, so don't wait
until the last minute to get help!
For more information, please contact Noel Schumacher.