Including Computing and Graphics
This is the official Web site for the book Applied
Regression Including Computing and Graphics by
R. Dennis Cook and Sanford Weisberg, published by John
Wiley & Sons in August, 1999 (ISBN 0-471-31711-X). It is
also the download site for the software package Arc
that is discussed in the book.
- Order a copy of the book.
- Read the preface.
- Arc software.
- Obtain Arc Version 1.06, dated
July 19, 2004.
- Get the update file for Arc
- Get the latest changes and bug-fixes for the program.
- UN data from Chance, Summer 2005.
- Get arcinaminute.pdf, a very brief
introduction to Arc for readers of the Chance article by
Vasilescu and Wainer.
- Get the data discussed in the Chance article, in Arc special format called vwdata.lsp, or as a plain text file vwdata.txt.
- Errata for the book.
- For readers of An Introduction to Regression
- How to get the data sets for your book, and how to make the transition
from R-code to Arc.
- Arc Add-ons.
- Obtain help and more information on Arc.
- Text extensions.
- Obtain elaboration of the text.
- Frequently asked questions.
- More data.
- Obtain additional data sets.
- Learn how to run Xlisp-Stat without Arc.
- Regression Graphics.
- This link takes you to the home page for the 1998
Wiley book Regression Graphics: Ideas for Studying Regressions
through Graphics by R. D. Cook. This book provides additional background,
more examples, and technical details for many of the graphical
methods presented in Applied Regression. It may be of interest
to readers with a Masters level background in statistics.
Some materials are available in the
"Portable Document Format" (PDF), which can
be viewed and printed by using Acrobat Reader software.
Versions of Acrobat Reader for most computing platforms
may be obtained for free from
This work was supported by grants from the National Science Foundation.
Last modified: June 20, 2005